The other day Richard and I were driving back from my parent's house and we were admiring the leaves, that have just started to really change. It made me realize that yet another season, my favorite season, mind you, is about to come and go. Like everyone else in this world, I'm sure, I feel like we've just been so busy and we don't really embrace the opportunity to fully enjoy a season. We always talk about things that we want each season and we do our best to try and take it all in but I want more. I just think that life's too short not to make a point to enjoy every single last minute of it. So we got to creating a list of fall-themed activities that we'd like to do before the first snow flies. And here it is...
- Eat Cider Donuts (duh, obviously this is first on the list)
- Make Cider Donuts, or a play off of them, at home
- Create a new apple dessert (some sort of pie, crumble or crisp)
- Go to a local winery/brewery....or both!
- Plan a specific time to go "leaf peeping"
- Pick Apples
- Create a new savory apple recipe
- Toss a football around an open field
- Brew our own beer
- Take a picturesque hike
- Create a new recipe for a fall hot toddy
- Cook a meal with a chef friend
- Attend a football game
- Take a walk with fall flavored coffee beverages in hand
- Carve pumpkins and make a point to celebrate Halloween
- Make a classic, New England recipe (Anadama bread, I'm looking at you...)
That's what we've got so far. Are there any that I missed? I'll be adding more along the way but I think this is a good start. I will be recapping each activity and sprinkling it in with all of my other posts. I'm feeling ambitious today and I'm hoping that I can continue this trend each season in attempts to hold myself to consciously enjoying each season the most I can. I also invite you to create your own seasonal bucket list and share it here too! Let's see how much fun we can squeeze into one season, okay?