Here we are, the official first thing to cross off on the fall bucket list. Last week we (the we being Richard, my bro-in-law and sis-in-law, and myself) went to Jack's Abby in Framigham. This was a first time for all of us to visit the brewery and we took a tour. They've only been brewing since 2011, and they've become really popular and have grown steadily since then. They are family owned, which I love for many reasons, and I've always been drawn to their more eccentric beers. Their Smoke and Dagger has always been one of my favorites. While we were there, they had even crazier flavors that we sampled, like PB & J. It's a darker beer with just a hint of peanut flavor (they actually made the beer with peanuts, which I find fascinating) and there's a soft, yet fruity note that provides the "jam".
Here's some photos from our trip there and then below is the updated fall bucket list. If you haven't made it out to Jack's Abby yet, you should. They're a local company doing some really cool stuff. Not to mention, their tasting room is really fun!
- Eat Cider Donuts (duh, obviously this is first on the list)
- Make Cider Donuts, or a play off of them, at home
- Create a new apple dessert (some sort of pie, crumble or crisp)
- Go to a local winery
- Go to a local brewery....Completed!
- Plan a specific time to go "leaf peeping"
- Pick Apples
- Create a new savory apple recipe
- Toss a football around an open field
- Brew our own beer
- Take a picturesque hike
- Create a new recipe for a fall hot toddy
- Cook a meal with a chef friend
- Attend a football game
- Take a walk with fall flavored coffee beverages in hand
- Carve pumpkins and make a point to celebrate Halloween
- Make a classic, New England recipe (Anadama bread, I'm looking at you...)